The Government of Canada is taking immediate action to help Canadians facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. To learn about Canada's Economic Response Plan, click here.

  • Support for Individuals

  • Support to businesses


Individuals must apply directly to the Government of Canada for these supports. 


General Support

The Government of Alberta has designed programs for immediate financial relief for Alberta’s families and vulnerable populations. Albertans should be focused on their health and not worry about whether they can pay their bills so they have put a number of options in place for those struggling financially.

  • Emergency isolation support

  • Utility payment deferral

  • Student loans repayment deferral

  • Banks & Credit Unions

Follow the link for more details:

Support for Employers

The Government of Alberta is planning to provide immediate funding and supportive measures to support local businesses, employers and employees.

  • Corporate Tax Income

  • Utility payment deferral

  • Resources

Support for Employees

  • Job protected leave

  • EI benefits

Follow the link for more details:

Individuals must apply directly to the Government of Alberta for these supports.



Resources for parents

Parents may want to supplement student learning by providing their children with additional resources. The following provincial resources are available to parents:


Additionally, many Alberta school authorities have a variety of resources available to support parents and students in learning at home. The following list provides a sample of what is available:


Funding continues to flow to school authorities for the remainder of the 2019/20 school year. This will help school authorities deliver at-home learning to their students.


Local municipalities will have information about their services and supports for residents during the COVID-19 outbreak. Visit your local municipality's website to learn more. 


​Big Lakes County

Information for Residents

  • All recreation sites are closed - including Kinuso Park

  • Small Business Supports

  • Child Care For Core Service Workers

  • Support For Our Farmers 

  • FAQ'S On Declaring A Local State Of Emergency (SOLE)

Social Services Support for COVID-19 Funding Request Form must be completed and sent directly to Big Lakes County individually. 

Lesser Slave Lake River

Regional information and resources related to the COVID-19 Pandemic


Kapawe'no First Nation is providing support to both on and off reserve members during the COVID-19 outbreak. 

On-Reserve Members

  • Food hampers are being provided to each household

Off-Reserve Members

  • One-time financial assistance of $200 to each household

Kapawe’no First Nation has been working with Lesser Slave Lake Indian Regional Council (L.S.L.I.R.C.) to obtain funds to further support Kapawe’no First Nation members during the COVID-19 outbreak. Through the L.S.L.I.R.C. Child and Family Program, there is funding available to provide each member on and off reserve a one-time benefit of $300 in additional support for individuals of our Nation.

This payment will be to each member of Kapawe’no First Nation who is over the age of 18 years. For any members under the age of 18, the payment will be distributed to their parent/guardian. Members are required to register for this payment by completing the online form here or by calling 1-833-494-6371. On-reserve payments will be issued by cheque, and off-reserve payments will be made by electronic transfer.

To be eligible for this benefit, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Kapawe’no First Nation member

  • Complete the Registration form

  • Contact details

  • Status Number

Please note that the L.S.L.I.R.C. Child and Family Program is reporting on how these funds are being used. The intent for this benefit is to assist families in their survival as we face this global pandemic. Funds should be used for necessities such as food, shelter costs, infant/child essentials, protection gear and/or anything else required that is not of a medical need.

Questions, documents and information can be sent to

© 2021 Kapawe'no First Nation