Employment Opportunity - Licensed Practical Nurse
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Location: Kapawe’no First Nation Health Centre
Position Status: 1.0 FTE Monday to Friday, 8:30- 4:30pm
Reports to: Nurse in Charge
Kapawe’no First Nation is seeking a highly self-motivated and compassionate LPN to provide services to its residents in the area of health promotion, prevention, education, client advocacy, and service delivery. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of First Nations culture, or be willing to adapt and learn the culture and structures specific to Kapawe’no First Nation. The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive range of nursing functions in the program areas of community health, through promotion and maintenance of the health of individuals and/or families, as well as the delivery of home care services.
· Work closely with Nurse in Charge regarding Health Initiatives.
· Deliver community focused care within the full scope of practice of a LPN, in either a home or center like environment.
· Provide a no contact wellness check for members in quarantine or isolation.
· Provide safety and health education to individuals and their families with health concerns.
· Monitor and attend to members within the isolation facilities on-reserve.
· Monitor clients progress, evaluate and document effectiveness or nursing interventions and collaborate with appropriate members of the health care team.
· Document care and client status and provides updates on client status to Nurse in Charge.
· Provide COVID- 19 testing to residents in accordance with approved eligibility requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, and teamwork.
· Strong organizational and computer skills are required.
· Ability to problem solve through critical thinking and self-education.
· Enthusiastic attitude and energy to provide excellent care and services on behalf of Kapawe’no First Nation.
· Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision and values of Kapawe’no First Nation is essential.
· Previous experience in an Aboriginal organization setting would be an assent but not required.
· Excellent client service focus, with an ability to work collaboratively with others.
· Completion of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse education program.
· Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA)
· Criminal record check with vulnerable sector check required.
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support- Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
· Current valid Alberta’s Driver’s License.
Resumes can be sent to the attention of Dolores Flett, Health Director, Kapawe’no First Nation email@example.com
If you have any questions please email above or call: Dolores Flett
Office: 780-751-2284 | Cell: 780-523-0172
COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS FOUND
We thank all applicants but only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted.